Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens with A7Rii

DBounce

Recently I had the chance to test out the Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS II USM using a Metabones T Smart version IV adapter.  I left, but kept thinking about this lens. Looking back at the images I was capturing with this lens, I started to really miss it. Well long story short I decided to pick one up to see if it's something I can live with on a daily basis. As you all know doubt know, by virtually all accounts this is an excellent lens. However I was curious if anyone was also using the lens regularly for video work, and if so, what their thoughts are regarding its use in this manner.

Please feel free to chime in.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It's an amazing lens for stills and video. If you ever have a chance/need to use a C100.2 or C300.2, the autofocus is also amazing. The 16-35 F2.8 II, 24-70 F2.8 II, and 70-200 F2.8 II IS round out a complete kit for many shooters (both stills and video). The 70-200 F2.8 II works great when manual focus tracking isn't too great for a moving shot (or when you have a manual focus puller), however for unplanned/live/run&gun, a native Sony lens with autofocus is more useful.

It's an amazing lens for stills and video. If you ever have a chance/need to use a C100.2 or C300.2, the autofocus is also amazing. The 16-35 F2.8 II, 24-70 F2.8 II, and 70-200 F2.8 II IS round out a complete kit for many shooters (both stills and video). The 70-200 F2.8 II works great when manual focus tracking isn't too great for a moving shot (or when you have a manual focus puller), however for unplanned/live/run&gun, a native Sony lens with autofocus is more useful.

Do you use it with the A7Rii? My understanding is that it does not perform as well with the A7Sii. From what I could see testing with the Metabones T Smart IV, focus was as fast as native Sony glass. I was very impressed. Loved the quality of the images it produces.

I never tested it with video, but surely will.  From those that have it appears this lens plays nicely with the A7Rii for both stills and video.  Here is an extensive list of Canon lenses that have been tested with the adapter. It is well known that the A7S/II does not work well with the Canon lenses. From my own experience I can tell you, using this lens on the A7Rii felt as quick as native glass. The A7ii with the new firmware update should perform similar.