GH4 Log Converter

HelsinkiZim

I bought the GH4 guide and I have only just seen that I could have bundled the Log Converter.

I wanted to ask whether this converter works if you shoot in any of the 3 profiles Andrew suggests, and others. 

I have been shooting his second option in the guide, Cine V, as I like the look straight out of the camera and it gets me excited. Filming Cine D log, all settings down to X (buy the guide!) just didn't click with my project needs and time. I also feel that looking at the view finder on personal, unpaid projects (especially travel videos because you can't get the exact same shot and light twice) should get you motivated and not guessing whats going to happen in post. Run and gun exposure and negotiating dslr colour science is already a tricky skill to master. 

That being said, is Andrew's log converter only for certain profile settings or for all, cine v in specific? Reshooting everything is A bitter pill to swallow, but doable if the benefits out weigh the cost (or rather, time) as I am already a few shots/ locations in.

Just found a topic on the converter, don't know how I missed it. If my query is still valid or easy to answer, please respond. otherwise sorry for taking up pixels!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs