SANKOR ANAMORPHIC 16C on Olympus 45MM? Proskar Ishico experiences?

wilco73

Hi to you all

I am looking at a Sankor 16C and i hope you can give me some advise.
My first question is "Can i fitt the Sankor 16C on a F1.8 Olympus 45mm m43?" Second question "How wide can i go with the 16C?"

What is the best option for the 16C? Is the 16 anamorphic projection lens the one you can also do filming with? (or is the projection lens a different one?) Should i go for the vintage Canon F1.4 50mm FD? I like to go wider if it is possible. Sorry...new into this stuff  :-[

Also looking at the Proskar Ishico 16 2x anamorphic lens. Any experiences with this lens? (any video test on the net?)
Wich one is the better choice? The Sankor 16C or the Proskar Ishico 16 2x anamorphic lens?

I want to do some anamorphic testing but do not want to spend a lot of money on it...yet....

Hope you guys can give me some advise as a anamorphic lover but beginner.

Thank you in advanced!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Assuming you are using gh2 or similar 4/3rds sensor.

the 45mm should work without any vignetting.  You will struggle getting sharp images at f1.8 though.  personal experience has told me that vintage heavy 'all metal' lenses are better at supporting the weight of an anamorphic adapter.  it is worth just buying a few vintage lenses and  trying them out.  some work well, others dont.  one 35mm might not vignette, an other one might. 

try getting a few lenses with maximum aperture of f2.8.  the smaller the objective glass on a lens, the better the results in my experiences.

also, a bit of vignette is not always a bad thing.  if you were to crop in post to 2.35:1, removing some of the outer edge to get a less wide final picture you will cut the vignette off anyway.

hopefully some more people will chime in.  but test test test!  buy a few cheap lenses then sell the ones that don't work.  ebay is good for that.  the money you loose on shipping will be well spent in acquiring that one lens that just works!