Interview with me, help make a documentary, and GH2 firmware goodies

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
[html]

[img]http://www.eoshd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/woc-board-of-education.jpg[/img]

[url="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/912442812/the-board-of-education-a-documentary-film"]Please back Jared and get this film made![/url] Even if you just want to buy the Fader ND or monitor – you will be supporting a great cause and a great filmmaker.

Jared Abrams from Wide Open Camera asked to interview me recently and I was happy to chat about all things DLSR video. I’ve also decided to become a backer on his film [url="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/912442812/the-board-of-education-a-documentary-film"]The Board of Education[/url] which I really want to see made.

[url="/"]Read full article[/url]

[/html]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest JimmyBrun
[html]

I got a GH1 recently and am craving 25p big time for the GH2 as it was the only reason I opted for the GH1 instead, they mentioned a while ago ‘might be updating GH2 with video improvements and 25p’ I can dream.

[/html]

Guest garila rosa
[html]

I think it will give us 25p panasonic because it would be meaningless, the new video mode, will support us mp4 30p 25p etc, and improves on high iso.

[/html]

Guest joesant
[html]

Hi Andrew,
Love the interview and from the beginning have taken much of your advice and purchased both a GH1 and GH2. Love that your parents are in the arts, I have been teaching art at the university level in Southern California and in New York for almost 20 years now and I started as the assistant to video artist Bill Viola.This year after I won the Gail Tattersall workshop through EOSHD.com I started working on a documentary. I hired a writer to work on the treatment with me and was accepted by the IDA (international Documentary Association) for fiscal sponsorship and with the treatment where able to recruit a few Sundance award winning filmmakers onto my team. I just want to thank you for the education I received (among other websites) on the DSLR technology I feel creatively liberated, keep doing what you do.

joe santarromana

[/html]

Guest JimmyBrun
[html]

I hope so, Vitali deserves a statue built in his honor if he can achieve it, I am craving the poor mans AVC-intra an much improved low light on the GH2 (not to mention crop mode/an better audio), but I do need that 25p. Some sites are reporting that it does include it, even tho on the official list it doesn’t say anything…..the ‘new video mode’ seems like its mp4, I really hope they add 25p to AVCHD and not just give us 25p mp4, but even then thats new tools for Vitali to work with.

[/html]

Guest tuliocampregher
[html]

If they get the GH2 to record at 50Mbps the BBC would likely approve it for HD acquisition. This would be a huge endorsement.
Otherwise, I wonder if the BBC would accept to test a “hacked” GH2.

[/html]

Guest pgranshaw
[html]

Andrew – can you help? I love my GH2 and purchased your GH2 Shooters guide this morning. The download hasn’t worked (message : oops! the link appears to be broken) and as I can’t get into it the download time will expire! Sorry to contact you here but what can I do? as there doesnt appear to be a customer service line. thanks Paul

[/html]

Guest pgranshaw
[html]

Andrew – can you help? I love my GH2 and purchased your GH2 Shooters guide this morning. The download hasn’t worked (message : oops! the link appears to be broken) and as I can’t get into it the download time will expire! Sorry to contact you here but what can I do? as there doesnt appear to be a customer service line. thanks Paul

[/html]