AXIOM Camera goes Beta!

Liszon

Apertus finally launched their open source camera crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/axiom-beta-the-first-open-digital-cinema-camera

As much as I love to see them progress, I find the over 2 grand price for an experimental camera a bit steep, especially without internal recording.

They say that some components, such as the sensor will be reuseable in their final camera.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The S35 at cost is not a bad deal. I hope the very best for this project. It's much more interesting and impressive in it's specs than the Digital Bolex is. I mean real mounts and all. I dont want to touch C-mount glass if I dont have to.. properly locking mount is a must.  You can use spoon as a knife for only so long.

Remains to be seen how big hurdless will this project face like the Bolex did. Philip Bloom allready ordered one.. I will at least donate 20 euros if I dont order one.

At least donate 1 dollar ppl. This camera can grow to be amazing since it has no limits what kind of code it can run. Think about different kinds of PRO's charging 5-100 dollars for totally different feature / software set for it or for free :)  .. nothing there is available now comes close to the options this approach allows.

Hi guys, does anybody have any more ideas on where I could try with advertising?

The campaign seems somewhat out of breath at 54% and 3 weeks to go

Would be a shame if the guys don't make it into Beta!

P.S. paid 'em and don't want my money back :) want the campaign to finish successfully