Canon 4K mirrorless DSLR available within 12 months

Andrew Reid

[html]

Even by running a 3×3 binning pattern on their sensors would go a ways towards fixing most of the moire. They haven’t said exactly how they’re going to do it (do they ever?), I have heard someone speculate it might be 3×1 binning but it’s all just a guess right now. But long story short, yes the moire should get better, it’s been something of an embarrassment to Canon for a while now. Now higher resolution? Not so sure about that, at least on the 1Dx (the c300 should compare with the high-end Sonys and the cinema DSLR should exceed both)

[/html]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andrew Reid
[html]

DIGIC5 in the 1D X will almost certainly be the same in the 5D Mark 3, even if it is a 1 chip version not DIGIC5 + it will still have the same scaling algorithms as the 1D X. I’m expecting good things.

Sony did fix stuff on the NEX 5N and A77 Sandro, namely 1080/60p and less moire than on the previous cameras.

[/html]

[html]

Yes but the resolution is still low compared to the GH2 and the moiré is still there, I’m worried that the new EOS consumers line will be on par with the NEX5N. IF it will be on par with the GH2 then well. it’s gonna be a hell of a product and a real revolution, but will they do it considering what they announced? Othe other side could they afford to re-direct video users to much more expensive cameras to get a real 1080p in 2012 (Panasonic was able to do it with the GH1)?
I’m dying to know, it would be such a bummer to wait all these months and get a copy of the new Sonys!

[/html]

[html]

the reason is mirrorless cameras outselling DSLRs in Japan at a great rate of knots due to efficient new technology

In a couple of years it could be the DSLR as we know it will be no more. I understand the aim is to go mirrorless as standard, and that is why I’m staying with the 5D and buying 2 GH2s

No way will I replace the 5D or buy the 1DX or a top Nikon if they are out of production in the near future

Remember how expensive SLRs weren’t worth two bob when we went digital? Same thing, or rather, same result

[/html]

Guest charleslim
[html]

I have 2 cameras – RED epic and GH2.
I kind of miss shooting on the GH2, the GH2 for it’s price and weight , the camera becomes an extension of your body it’s almost like wearing specs. it’s just something at the end of your arm, you can forget the camera, and live, experience, shoot the moment.
NO way you can do that with RED EPIC – it’s smallish but the weight of the camera makes it’s pressence know. espeically the PRICE! shooting in fear.

[/html]