Gear for surfing clips

mickachiste

Hi guys,

That's my first topic, so first of all hi everybody ! I've been reading for a long time this forum without finding the right informations for my uses. I use to film bodyboarding with, for the moment, an a65 coupled with a sony 70-300G. I was really seduced in the first time by the autofocus options (my girlfriend uses it a lot !), the 50p and most of all, the price. The footages were not too bad (not sharp at all) and I was happy with that. Here is an example of what I've done with it 

now I want to upgrade and reduce the size/weight of this big thing. 

So I've red, red and red and I reckon I find a solution : the gx7 with a 35-100 2,8 or a 14-140. I plan to use the teleconverter on it. At the end it will be quite the same as my 70-300. So what do you think about that gear ? Any other recommandation ? 

I've seen on other forums that guys had problems with the gx7 while they were filming like "wait please" or "the card is too slow". Did you have this ?

Just a few other things : I travel a lot so the size/weight is really important to me ! And so the 50p for the slowmo. 

I hope you could help me...

Thanks (and sorry my english)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs