Rigs for DSLR's?

I'm interested to know what rigs you guys using DSLR's use for event/ENG-style work. 

I'm not talking about tripods, monopods or Glidecam-type stabilisers. I mean shoulder brace and chest stabiliser style stuff. Please say if you use a Z-Finder/loupe with it, and how you mount/carry any audio gear (mice, recorders, etc).

If your rig is homemade then photos would be awesome.

I've tried a series of different setups. My Gorillapod Focus with a small ball-head works pretty well, but isn't rock solid (and it looks quite odd which can sometimes be unhelpful).

When I get time I'll post some photos of my current setup, which involves a P&C grip, two small ball-heads, a clamp, a small metal grip and a few random bits of kit I had lying around. I mount an XLR shotgun to the hotshoe of my camera (Rode NTG2) and my recorder is on a strap around my neck (Roland R-26). With my D5300 I use a Z-Finder Jr, with my G6 I use the EVF.

It's solid and works pretty well. It's not exactly discreet or aesthetically pleasing, so I often feel quite self conscious when using it. This may just be my problem, but how you appear can effect how people respond to the camera being pointed at them. I prefer the discreetness of just the DSLR by itself, but I also prefer stable footage. Please don't suggest I buy an Olympus camera  ;)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I dont have a setup myself, but have been pondering about it for quite some time now. I found this "Capa R1" http://www.amazon.co.uk/Compact-Camera-Video-Shoulder-Support/dp/B00H3LN4HA Essentially a pistol grip with chest support and rails so you can mount a follow focus or some other stuff.

Looks pretty decent. The grip is exactly the same as my P&C grip, but the shoulder brace is probably better than my own invention.

Thanks for your a6000 notes by the way - very helpful.