question on zeiss lens

hodor

great site and forum, finally decided it was time to jump into conversations and ask questions instead of being a long time guest :)

so ill be shooting a quick commercial using my mark iii (shooting ml raw inside a dr's office in different rooms, couple outside shots of the building as well prolly). 

I have 4 lenses that I can switch between...24-70 II, 85mm 1.8, 24-105 IS, 100mm IS macro.  but mostly I use the 24-70 II to justify the price of it lol.

anyway was looking at renting the zeiss ze 35 1.4 or possibly another high end lens to try out.  ive never shot with anything other than my lenses.  will I really notice an improvement in my shots using a higher end film lens?

TIA! 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

thanks for the reply andy.  rental is only for a few days and its about $70.  im just curious though is it worth it shooting with a nice film lens as opposed to just using the 24-70mm II that I own?  will I notice better footage?  I just have no idea if its gonna look kinda close to what I can already shoot or if its noticeably better.  TIA again

ah thanks nick.  that's what I wanted to see what others who've used the higher end film lenses think.  would I really notice an improvement that is worth fooling around with.  im sure ill eventually rent one just to play with and see what the footage looks like in my free time but for this week ill just stick to what I have.  thanks

I have Canon L series lenses like you and hi end Zeiss lenses and the Canons are very very close we are talking minute differances here as CANON L series glass has aspheric elements like the Zeiss lenses do , the Zeiss lenses do have a certain 3d type 'pop' value to them if used correctly but its a close call with the Canons

I have the Zeis Jena 35mm 2.4f and it is very sharp and has a beautiful image but its not as sharp as modern lenses imo. It's not inferior to modern lenses but I wouldn't want anyone thinking they were getting something comparable to expensive modern glass. Don't get me wrong though, if you find one grab it, worth every penny, makes everything pop, in the right hands!! Best lens I own at the moment!