EOSHD Unified Patch in the 24L setting

Ernesto Mantaras

Hi! First post here. I'm very new to the GH2 world (I got mine less than 2 weeks ago), and I had a couple of doubts about the EOSHD Unified patch (which I've already gladly in two jobs!).

The first thing is, considering what I've read about the GOP configurations in the hacks: would it be sensible to use the 24L mode for shooting video to take advantage of the double recording time it gives whenever the situation doesn't require as much quality? Or would the lower Mb/s mess up the compression since it's all GOP1? I ask this because some times I've needed the extra space but wasn't able to reload the original firmware, and those 45 extra minutes of recording time would have been great.

The second thing is: when recording at 720p50 I recorded a lot (I'm thinking about 35 minutes of foootage) in a day. I thought I would almost fill my 32gb card, but as I recorded the remaining time left was reduced by just seconds, and by the time I was finished I had around 36 minutes left to record. I was worried I was losing the footage, so I checked many times but everything was fine. The thing is, when I checked the footage back home it was around 20 Mb/s or less. Is this alright? Is there a problem with the encoding, or does the hack work that way? By the way, I recorded at SH quality, just like the instructions say.

I hope Andrew or someone else can help me with this. By the way, love the site, I've become very fond of it in the last couple of months.

Regards!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs