• Zhiyun Crane 3 Lab
    • FeiyuTech AK4500
    • Ronin M
    • Ronin 2
    • Glidecam
    • Steadycam
    • Freefly Movi Pro
    • Other
  2. 2. Are you Happy With Your Current Gimbal?

• Yes
    • No

I am getting fed up with working around my Ronin S's weird quirks so I am actively seeking a better gimbal for 2020. I would love to find a gimbal that can fly both my GH5 as well as my C200 but it seems less and less realistic. So I am curious, what is everyone else using? I created the poll using the most popular gimbals that I am aware of at the moment. 

I personally have the Glidecam HD-2000 (which I never got very good at especially on windy days), the Zhiyun Crane V2 (awesome little gimbal but couldn't handle the weight of my GH5 without taking it out of its cage), and the Ronin S which I use for everything at the moment but DJI refuses to fix the issue where it does not return to the center after a pan or tilt and you have to recenter it with the trigger button which can ruin a take. I like Zhiyun but do not like their latest models with the handle sticking out of the back. I had the Ronin MX but sold it, it was a pain to put together and too bulky for the types of work I do not to mention needing to lug around the stand.

I think the perfect gimbal would be one that can go from one handed operation for smaller rigs to being put into a dual grip ring configuration for heavier rigs. I know there's some kits that try to do this already, but they always seem like an afterthought and the gimbal isn't really optimized to operate in the ring grip configuration. I had high hopes for the Ronin S but DJI doesn't seem interested in continuing to improve it and more than likely they do not want to impact their Ronin 2 or Ronin M sales.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs