Simple Question.

Ben Corwin

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Hmmmm... it looks like shooting in HBR mode (30p) with the EOSHD UNIFIED hack is too much for my sd card, which is really confusing me. I bought the fastest possible SD card which is the SanDisk 64GB Extreme Pro SDXC Card 95MB/s and it still can't keep up? How are people shooting 176 Mbps videos?

Okay now I am REALLY confused. I went ahead and installed the Vanilla patch and it is still giving me trouble. I shot some footage indoors on the HBR setting and it seemed to be working fine until I went outside. I knew the true test would be shooting something with high detail so I shot some leaves on a tree blowing in the wind. Immediately, the camera gave me the message, "MOTION RECORDING WAS CANCELLED DUE TO THE LIMITATION OF THE WRITING SPEED OF THE CARD." Again, I bought the fastest card possible which is the SanDisk 64GB Extreme Pro SDXC Card 95MB/s. Can anyone shed some light on what is happening? Thanks!

P.S. Sorry to be asking all these questions with NAB being right around the corner.

No I wouldn't think so. I got the card straight from bhphoto. On top of that, I've been reading on personal-view.com that they are having a heap of trouble getting the NTSC HBR mode (30p) working with a higher bit rate hack. So far, the "Sanity" hack is the only one that seems to be working in HBR mode, but it's interlaced? It's all just frustrating to me, because was under the impression I could shoot 30p with either the Unified or Vanilla patch (as it is seemingly advertises). The 24p looks glorious, but I need 30p for the work I am doing.

Yeah no worries, just thought it was worse asking. Sometimes people overlook the simple stuff but it sounds like your on to it.

I too had a bit of trouble with the Vanilla hack, I've been having more luck with [url=http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2123/gh2-cake-v2.1-reliability-and-spanning-in-720p-hbr-24p-and-vmm-at-2-2.5x-stock-bit-rates/p1]Cake[/url] 2.1 and 2.2 by balazer, but I'm sticking with 24fps. Best of luck.