'4K Ready' Sony FS700 officially announced

Andrew Reid

[quote author=Axel link=topic=514.msg3422#msg3422 date=1333481289]

High resolutions are the dinosaur skeletons of the past. This never bothered the audience (with a handful exceptions). We will see higher framerates for 3D (Hobbit), but no 4k standard. A lot of films will be mastered in 4k now, but just because the 2k-theatre-systems eat it, the DCPs are downwards compatible, not because of demand.
[/quote]

Totally agree Axel, actually my target is getting a really resolved deliverable 1080p from footage you can color grade, slowo for some special scenes, usable audio inputs. C300 makes no sense to me at the price, this Sony beside the 4k hype looks interesting. The extra resolution at the moment would be nice for cropping, alpha channel.

Let's see real footage and reviews...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
@Giovanni Bertani

My objections are mostly for fun, I like to play advocatus diaboli. I did the same thing when the Sony FX-1 came out (is it really 8 years ago?). I was right and wrong at the same time. Higher resolution [i]has[/i] it's influence on quality, but never prosumers (let alone [i]con[/i]sumers) asked for other parameters. Or they always accepted obviously false declarations.

BTW: Did you see this:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpU8TThNLuI#ws]Sony Professional: Introducing the Sony NEX-FS700[/url]

I must admit, this camera has some sex appeal. The design, as that of the FS100, is admirable. Had it only been within my bounds. But as it is, you have to live with me party pooper  ...