What lens for studio beauty?

tomson569

Hi everyone

I recently started shooting beauty in my studio

My camera is full frame (5d mark iv) and so far I have been using my tamron 85mm f1.8vc lens.I think a longer lens will be better for beauty as it will minimise distortion and "flatter" the angles of the model more

I ve read very good reviews for the Canon EF 135mm F2L lens and its within my budget. Anyone here using this lens on studio ? ( I am shooting at around F8 in the studio)

Also are there any other lenses worth looking at with very good image quality with similar price above 100mm ?

thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I had the EF 135 f2 L and loved it.     In the end, I had to sell a lens and it was either that or the Sigma 150 2.8 APO macro (also in EF mount though both used on Sony FE).    I kept the macro because it is a bit more versatile for me while doing much of what the 135 can.

I do/did not use either in a studio though.

I have since gotten (and since sold out of necessity, a Canon EF 100 f2 and Sony FE 85 1.8).       All would be great lenses for you (not the Sony obviously).      Depending on having the room, the 135 would be a great choice but so would the EF 100 f2 (plus it is cheaper still).     Looks like I might have a bit more money soon after all (enough for one lens before returning to poverty) and I am considering a  AF portrait lens (though i still have and love the Sigma used as a MF lens).

The Sigma 105 1.4 would be a dream as it is a lot more expensive and even more so the Canon 200 f2. 

Macro lenses from Canon and Sigma around 100 mm would also work and some are cheaper.

Price wise and AF ease of use though for me, it would come back to either the 100 f2 or 135 f2 (the 100 does not have the red ring but inside a studio the lower build quality is not going to matter and means you can have a smaller studio).

That said, my favourite portrait lens when I have the room and time is an old manual focus 300 2.8 and if lucky could be found around the same price....just as an odd ball idea.