Ninja V and V-Mount Options

EphraimP

I just received a Ninja V for my X-T3 rig and I'm pretty excited about the potential for it to make some of the video making I do better. I also picked up a V-mount plate and battery to run the whole rig. The plate a Fotaga DP500III, which I picked up because it has several DC power out options, including 8V 5A, 12V 5A, and 5V 2A. Is it safe to plug the Ninja into the 12V 5A with Ninja's included continuous power adapter and an un voltage regulated DC cable? This is probably a silly question, as the point of the different power options on the plate is to serve the correct power option; however I'm really clueless when it comes to electricity (I once caused a short in my 220 dryer circuit while changing a pigtail and almost barbecued myself) and don't want to toast a brand new monitor. Atomos's info on the Ninja lists power at 10-19W and voltage at 6.2-16.8V. Where does Amps fit in.

Also, the Juicebox battery I picked up isn't really playing nice with the plate. From Amazon feedback, it could be that battery's pins are out of spec width wise or out of alignment with the ports on the plate. Anyone have experience with either plate or battery? The plate's catch doesn't seem to work and it take some force to seat the battery so it powers the plate, which doesn't seem great for the long term. I'm not sure which of the two pieces of the system is the problem and should be replaced for another brand.

I like the Juicebox because it seems liteweight for being an non-mini v-mount and comes with a charger. The Fotaga plate, like I said, has lots of power options, which I like. It also has an option to power continuously through an included power adapter, which would be great for event filming and also should be able to recharge the battery with the same adapter.

Teething problems...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs