Shot on Schidt

richg101

I don't think I ever shared this one.  But is was shot using an oval aperture TRUMP58 with a prototype streak filter.  So it's not really anamorphic, but in terms of looks, I think it does a pretty convincing job.

I also wanted to make a point of shooting with a auto shutter (which ranged from around 1/100th to 1/4000th sec - sometimes swaying from one end of the scale to another.  I think if carefully done so that the exposure change is smooth, the use of auto exposure can give the impression of better dynamic range.

http://vimeo.com/77088547

The auto exposure is pretty intelligent and with a few little tweeks in post the highlights seem to remain pretty intact and the rolloffs smooth thanks to the low contrast lens.

Still to this day I am more than happy with the look achievable from this so called 'lower performing in video mode' camera.    

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I dont condone the use of automatic shutter but when it looks this good what can you say. This location is quite beautiful I love that high long pier there!. The flares are working quite well on this one as well. 

You guys are doing a good job of killing the need for anamorphic lenses ;P