58mm lens hood question

MrSMW

I have just bought a Canon 50mm f1.8 lens to use on my XT3 with Fringer adapter.

Works really nicely as I expected it would as I already have a Sigma (Canon fit) and that works well.

I have put a Tiffen variable ND size 58mm on it so I can use wider apertures in bright sunlight, but need a lens hood.

Not sure if that is a screw in filter thread on the front or just some kind of ribbing that looks like a filter thread?! (my eyes are not what they once were that close up).

I tried a 62mm thread lens hood, but that was not big enough so if that is a screw in thread, it's slightly bigger.

Pinged a message to Tiffen but in the mean time, might a rubber lens hood that stretches over the filter do the trick?

I have a slim metal Nikon lens hood 'welded' (metal paste) onto the variable ND (Gobe) on the Sigma and marked up where it works and directional arrows in white permanent marker and that does the job. Hoping to do something similar with this Tiffen.

If anyone has any experience or knowledge, I'd appreciate it. Cheers.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs