Diopter

enny

Hi guys i got my self Bausch and Lomb Anamorphic lens which as you know it is big lens i love this lens it is sharp sharper then my sankor 16c my question is close up diopters. I am new to them and i have no idea what to get .4 .5 +1 and if they make them as big as front of my lens. I am not looking for anything expensive something in 50 to 100 dollar range and how do they work as in numbers and how many do i need? i was reading on the anamorphic forum The Diopter Thread but i could not get all the answers

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

And why couldn't you ask your question in there, instead of creating a new thread? :P

Anyway, your question is very vague, I don't understand what you want to achieve with the diopter so I can point you a good option. You want ULTRA CLOSES, regular shots, improving image quality? focus below 2m?

oh man why because it was 3 am and the kids wore up ;)

Ok to be more clear here what i would like to achieve with diopter is close up of the face since my lens gets blurry not to much when i am shooting a close up of a person or object. But i have that big 5 kg lens and i am not sure what i need here or if they make diopters as big as font of my lens. i am in the process of shooting a Science fiction film short film so i am building my anamorphic rig 

So basically i need a diopter for close up but which one? and what number or how meany

And last question Variable ND Filter is it recommended to have diopter and nd filter together?

thanks man