Video noise removal - RX100

mojo43

Has anyone figured out a good way to remove video noise? I am not talking the removing grain, I mean the repetitive noise for example that the RX100 displays when shot at high ISO. In this case it comes out as blue splotches... I have tried neat video, but I can't seem to find good settings.

Any help would be appreciated...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You can't get all of it out at 1600 up. You can blur it well with Neat. Turn Very Low Frequency on, because it's a very low frequency noise. But even that's not low enough to fully remove it.

Some people recommend shooting with higher saturation than we might normally do and then desaturating as that will knock down the blue a bit. Along those lines, you might try a white balance that accentuates the blues, but generally you will be shooting low color temp at high ISO so usually not much margin for lower Kelvins there.

I have exported a particularly noisy clip from my edit as a TIFF image sequence, imported into Lightroom, done my noise reduction, re-exported to a folder as TIFFs, converted TIFF sequence to ProRes in Quicktime and the used this new sequence to replace the original noisy clip.

I actually figured out an easy way to get rid of the blue splotches. I isolated the low frequencies (the low blacks) and then desaturated. It removes all of the splotches. Then I continue with regular noise removal. It seems to work well.

Thanks for the ideas...