Moza Air 2 the complete package?

DBounce

On 11/23/2018 at 3:19 PM, Anaconda_ said:

It's not supported, and as far as I know, it's not supported on any gimbal. The camera controls don't work via USB, so it can't be supported unless the gimbal has bluetooth controls as well. Even the focus on the Ronin S doesn't work with the P4k - until they release the mechanical system. I was just showing that the camera can balance on the Weebill and the gimbal isn't 'too light' for the camera, as you said it was. Not trying to argue, just correcting information that I thought was incorrect.

I'm extremely happy that the light camera works on the light gimbal, and when the follow focus is available in my country, I'll be even happier :) 

https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-focus-motor

• 1 month later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hey dude, this is Air X, and you can see more about it here: https://www.gudsen.com/moza-air-x

It looks cool and quite innovative, but, not actually come out yet according to their official announcement.

But for Air 2 I found some reviews on it and hope this can help or you can just reach their site.

The MOZA Air 2 is a single grip gimbal stabilizer (which can also be expanded with a 2nd handle for a more ergonomic handling when filming for extended periods) and it has been designed to hold camera/lens payloads of up to 4.2kg (around 9.25 lbs) while at the same time maintaining a 16-hour long battery life.Designed to hold mirrorless and DSLR cameras, the

Moza Air 2 also features a Smart Time-lapse, 8 Follow Modes, and is compatible with the MOZA Ecosystem including iFOCUS (what they call –Intelligent Wireless Follow Focus system) and multifunctional Camera Backpacks. An optional focus motor to help you focus even with manual lenses.

Moza Air 2 Features/Highlights

Powerful torque motors

4.2kg maximum payload

Wide range of camera support:

Sony alpha series, Panasonic GH5/GH5S, Canon DSLRs

Even Compact S35 camcorders FS5, similar

although balance with these may be tricky depending on your setup

16-hour long operating time with 4 replaceable high-rate Li-on batteries

Upgraded smart time-lapse

OLED display & Custom parameters

“4-Axis” and 8 follow modes

Compatible with the MOZA ecosystem of professional accessories including:

follow focus system,

MOZA thumb controller,

camera cage,

camera backpack and more

The Moza Air 2 uses 4x of the very popular and affordable Li-ion 18650 replaceable batteries, which are sold everywhere, which give the MOZA Air 2 a maximum runtime of 16 hours. In addition, the MOZA SPARK power supply system equips the MOZA Air 2 with 4x power ports. The input port allows for alternative ways to power your gimbal, and the output ports provide ways to power the camera and other accessories like follow focus, Led lights, and monitors.

The newly added Battery Management System(BMS) has greatly enhanced the Air 2’s working time while powering the MOZA Air 2 and accessories. The Moza Air 2 features some impressive time-lapse functions such motion-lapse, tracking time-lapse, zoom time-lapse and so on.

The Moza Air 2 also boasts 8 follow modes-including Inception Mode (Flashlight mode on the DJI Ronin-S), FPV Mode, Sport Gear Mode, Panorama and Tracking. The so-called “4th axis” of the MOZA Air 2 is their iFOCUS system, which offers focus and zoom control via a focus motor.

The MOZA Air 2 features an angled motor arm, which gives you an unobstructed view of the camera’s screen and more room to balance camera setups. This makes it easier to frame your shots and follow the action. 12 physical buttons not only provide the most intuitive, fast and comprehensive operation experience, but also control settings such as recording, zoom, focus, ISO, shutter, aperture, exposure compensation and WB.

The Joystick and Smart Wheel (pictured above) are customizable; five sets of customized gimbal parameters can be saved according to your needs to make ever-changing combinations. An intelligent OLED display provides intuitive information feedback, accurately indicates the gimbal status, and helps adjust the gimbal and camera parameters.

The ¼ inch screw holes at the bottom and back of the handgrip offer expansions for your device. The gimbal can be mounted to a tripod, slider, jib, crane or anything else with universal connection

MOZA Air 2 includes a newly designed versatile and adaptable modular ecosystem to allow filmmakers to operate in whatever way is most productive for them. This means you can use the MOZA thumb controller, the iFOCUS system, camera cage, camera backpack, dual handle to distribute control of gimbal pointing, FIZ and camera controls in whatever way makes sense for your shot.

17 hours ago, Icebear0205 said:

Thanks for the info, I already know that by visiting their website. More information is needed, though. Real world handling? Comparison with other systems? Handling of "difficult setups" like the mentioned font heavy combinations? 

The Moza Air X sounds like a dream for me, but that was the same with the Weebill Lab, which is a total disappointment. Let's see.... Hope you gonna do it right Gudsen!