Best PAL settings for documentary shot on GH2 and EX1

LewisFilm

I'm a documentary shooter who has been using a Sony EX1 for years, and love it - but now would really like to intercut footage from my GH2 into professional broadcasts. 

I shoot mostly PAL footage despite living in New York in an NTSC region.  I have a few questions for anyone who has advice:

I'm happily shooting at 720 25p on the EX1 (best trade of quality to low light performance at 1/50 shutter speed).  But I want to start shooting as much as possible on my GH2.  The EX1 will stay in the mix as long as there is no great pro-servo lens that could be rigged to the GH2.  I need the low light servo lens for fast unpredictable environments.

I want to intercut my hacked NTSC region GH2 with the footage - and sound sync is a critical issue.  My GH2 is shooting hacked 720P at 35mpbs, with low i-frame settings. 

I am finding at 720 50p at 1/100s conformed down to 720 25p in FCP7, the final footage jutters too much, especially on walking hand held work.

My confusion is this: does shooting at 720 50P @ 1/100 and downconverting to 25P result in 720 25P @1/50 or 720 25P @ 1/100.

Also - crucially - with the new GH2 hack with the HBR setting, do the old hack "PAL/NTSC" toggle settings work?  What I mean is - if I use the new hack, and set my "video out" setting on the GH2 to "Pal Region" - does the HBR then switch over to PAL mode?  And therefore is HBR then 25P?

For slow motion work, I would shoot at the higher shutter speed, which looks great.  But the majority of the footage will be in PAL 25fps.

Finally - does anyone have a lot of experience converting 24P to 25P with sync-sound?  I am recording with a Tascam DR-100 Mii and syncing in post.  There are a lot of interviews, which can go on as long as 4 minutes in a clip, and sound drift would be a disaster.

I know that's a lot of questions - and I appreciate any advice anyone has.  It's exciting what DSLR's can do - but on professional projects in a fast turnaround environment, there is very little room for error, especially with sound.  So help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

-LF-

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs