second camera GH3 lumix G6 or black magic pocket or....?

Luca

Hi guy

i wish to know your point of view i have the gh2 and i need the second camera for take more shot easily so..

the Gh3 i love the more cinemantic look than gh2 so can should be new first camera and take the gh2 for second...

The G6 very low price and the video is not bad..

Bmpcc i dont really understand if is very good or not a lot of great features but need to touch in my hand...

So suggestion?? or  i miss some really cool camera ? 

let me know!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
BMPCC would become your primary camera if you bought one, both because the quality will destroy anything you've worked with before, and because it requires a lot more work in post and a lot more storage space.

G6.should most closely match the GH2, since it uses the same sensor. It has improved image processing over the GH2 and some nice new features. It's also the cheapest.

GH3 is a good camera if you want to shoot stills with your GH2 lens collection while having a nice video camera. It's better in low light and high iso. It's also the most expensive of the three camera bodies.

Thoughts:

Of the Pocket we know only two videos today, one the vimeo upload of an ungraded ProRes-edit, looking way too flat to an unexperienced eye like mine. The second the graded version, with some shots of seemingly very good dynamic range, others that still look somewhat washed out. I never liked the colors of Brawley, but others did really cool things with the 2,5k BMCC. I am sure of one thing: The Pocket is the camera for the best colors, but you need to have 'an eye', experience with grading and preferably the free Resolve Lite. I learned it just now, with the aide of Ripple, which I recommend by the way. 

I believe that if someone not familiar with the niceties of grading can produce good colors with the Pocket, it is with this great software. But many will fail, because it really isn't painting by numbers.

In the video, we see another aspect of which I am unsure how to interpret it: Low resolution.

Grant Petty of BM stated, the Pocket wasn't as sharp as the BMCC.

On the other hand, we see handheld shots, which can cause the LFR-video to be smeared by motion blur.

I really would like to see some expert footage.

Other than that, I instantly fell in love with that little device. I WANT it. But I don't know how or if it fits to the Lumix's.

Because with them, you have to expose more accurately, you have to watch out for banding artifacts and find a proper white balance, regardless of your intention to color correct and grade extensively. The G6 can obviously complement the GH2 or the other way around. It adds 1080 @ 50/60p, the image apparently has as many advantages as it has disadvantages. For the image alone there would imho be no need to change the camera.