Anyone Used Nikon Picture Control Utility for Video Profiles?

Michael1

I saw a post on another forum where someone was lamenting the fact that there was no way to setup custom video profiles that could be uploaded to the camera to bake in prior to video compression in camera, rather than trying to push whatever the camera generates in post.  I happen to be checking out the Nikon Picture Control Utility software program, a free utility that can be downloaded from the Nikon website, and saw where you can create your own custom tone curves.  Not only that, you can add control points to pull the curve around in an infinite number of shapes, and even save the curves for use later.  I don't see why you couldn't create a log curve with this utility if you wanted.  You can change other parameters, too, such as saturation, hue, brightness, contrast, clarity, sharpness, etc.  You can modify existing profiles, such as Flat which is often used for video for grading.  You can save these, and import them into the camera as custom profiles.  You tell you camera to use your custom profile, and you are ready to go.  After checking it out, it appears like this is exactly what the other forum member was looking for.

Here is the help manual if anyone wants to look at it.

Nikon Picture Control Utility 2 Help Manual

Seems like a pretty awesome utility that may even be more useful for video than stills since we don't have RAW output for video.  Has anyone used this?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs