Premiere Pro - Best Output Settings for iPad?

User

Hello Folks,

It's that special time again, another funding deadline approaches and I'm required to do deliver demo material for the jury. They will be viewing on iPads and have requested MPEG4 with a file side no larger than 150MB per file. This is the first time I've exported such a file (MPEG4) and would like to provide the best results.

When I Google iPad Retna screen dimensions, I get: 2048 x 1536 px

In PPro Export Settings, I select MPEG4 (which is a 3GP file format), and that will only allow dimensions of 352 x 288. When I try to manually change the dimensions PPro won't allow it. When I select 'Custom', the only other option is a smaller dimension.

Can someone in the know please suggest the best way forward?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm answering my own question here.

When I select Export Setting H.264, I am able to select iPad and further setting such as screen dimensions, audio etc.

The difference between MP4 and H.264 is that MP4 is a file container format, while H.264 is actually a video compression codec that requires a video container to host the encoded video.

My searches reveal that the iPad will support the H.264 compression codec and the MPEG4 contained format.

For the record, I have more respect for Maxi Pads than iPads.