Question regarding Tokina 0.4 and Bolex-Anamorphot 8/19/1.5x

septemberdawn

I have recently streamlined my anamorphic lens collection but intend to keep a Bolex-Anamorphot 8/19/1.5x. 

I currently have a Tokina 0.4 diopter and would like to know if this would have applicable advantages when used with the Bolex-Anamorphot?

The Tokina 0.4 is a gorgeous piece of glass and I am reluctant to part with it.

I do intend to explore the matter further myself but was after some opinions in the meantime.....

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

as you know i have sold many of the tokina..

how many do you see on ebay not many my guess is people are keeping them.

if i was you i would not sell it..

it may not be that important for the bolex moller but unless you want to try selling it for twice the price of what you purchased it for i would keep it.

they are not coming back i am testing some old movie ones made by kinoptik but hey are much heavier and bigger than the tokina.

72mm is pretty handy size..the standard material used in close up optics now is glass types similar to window glass.

any achromatic design has to use bk7 and sf flint glass the very nature of an achromat means you get superior materials which clearly will also help image clarity.

if the moller is your last anamorphic then you may not need to keep the tokina...the moller 1.5 as you know do not really need diopters.

and as you know very fiddly to use.

but most other anamorphics of the past and in the future will need something of the quality of the tokina.

even if you have not got an anamorphic if you have spherical 0.95 or a 1.2 try the tokina on the front of wide open optics for portraits very nice look.