Anamorphic lens + prime = wide ??

Schmaxel

I'm totally new to this topic so please excuse if I am writing total bullshit. I just read through some topics today but one thing isn't clear to me:

My problem is: I'm looking for a wide-angle lens for my GH2. So after reading through this forum i wondered if the following thing works:

I have a Nikon 28mm f2.8 Ais lens. With a 2x anamorphic adapter/lens(?) and 4:3 mode it's 2880x1080 (2,66:1).

Cropped to 2,35:1 it would be 2538:1080. So we have 618 more pixels horizontally. Put alltogether in a 1920x817 project, the prime+anamorphic-footage is wider than just the prime-footage, right?

Does anything of this make sense? So basically my question is if a anamorpic adapter/lens together with a prime (e.g. 28mm) can be an alternative to a "normal" wide angle lens (e.g. 14mm)?
If yes, is there an option, let's say under 400 $?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

you get the same field of view as a 14mm lens horizontally, but vertical field of view remains 28mm.  being a longer lens you get a shallow depth of focus than you would with the 14mm normal lens.  

The decision whether to go anamorphic or just wide angle and crop the top and bottom is something you need to weigh up.  anamorphic should be reserved for situations when you have more set up time.  You will also need to invest in a set of diopters otherwise you normally wont be able to get any closer than 5ft.