Iscorama lens separation

jeffpb7

I just got an original Iscorama and it seems to have a little bit of lens separation at the bottom of the front element. It doesn't seem to effect the image, as far as I can tell, but I can see it when I look through the back of the anamorphic part. It's a nice lens in every other aspect and is very sharp. Has anyone else had problems with this, and has it hurt the image? Are there any good tests I can do to check the image quality? Will it get worse, or is there a way to stop it from spreading? I'd like to fix it if it's possible.  

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Hey Jeff.

No problems there. a lot of them suffer this now due to the age. I bought one with some separation myself. Personally I very rarely see 'non MC' versions without any separation. MC one isnt worth buying IMO -even if it is immaculate. Boring central! I'd rather a fungus'd, scratched, separated non mc over a perfect modern mc version.

Being where it is (at the bottom), it wont get near your image circle. Avoid quick hot/cold/cold/hot temperature changes and it shouldnt get any worse.

If you are certain you want it fixed it is an easy fix for those who do it, but there is risk so repairers will ask you to sign a non responsibility form just in case the elements break during the job. Speak to Camserve or Van Diemen, they will give better info. Most repairers will just say leave it alone - it probably wont get worse and its not worth worrying about. Others say the opposite.

Thanks a lot rich, I was hoping it was no big deal... I won't risk fixing it, unless it gets worse. One weird thing about it, is that the close focus is closer to 7.5ft than 6 and infinity seems to be a lot further back than other lenses. At about 7.5 feet it's sharp wide open. I want to try the close focus mod on it pretty soon.

Speaking of MC... I have an Isco Widescreen 2000 MC. Normally the flairs are pretty dim, but when I put a cheap Polaroid MC UV filter on it the other day, the flairs were much brighter as if it wasn't MC'ed. Has anyone noticed that with their MC lenses?