Cinemorph Filter and other filters

sandrobrito

Hi Guys, 

I am going to be going on a road trip through the US this summer and, as with all my trips, I plan on shooting little shorts. 

My setup is going to be pretty minimum, I'm planning to take my a6300 with only a canon 18-135. I like shooting in slog2 and 3 and for that I really need my trusty variable ND due to the min ISO of 800. But considering the locations I am going to be passing through I'd really like to get some kind of anamorphic look as I think they really lend themselves to it. Unfortunately I really don't have the time to be messing about with setting up my anamorphic lenses every time I get out of the car to shoot something. My situation is going to be pretty much run & gun. 

My question is: How will the cinemorph filter play with a variable ND? I know the cinemorph filter rotates to align the flare and bokeh. The same happens with a variable ND or with a polarizer. Will I just be messing my cinemorph alignment everytime I am trying to dial the ND for correct exposure? Is there a way to lock the cinemorph filter?

Or am I just getting myself into trouble here and complicating my life and should just drop the idea?

I'd like to know your opinions. Thanks ahead. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

you will want to test the cinemorph filter with that lens, it will likely only work in maybe the 40mm to 80mm range, depending on how close the front element is to the filer threads, I have found it doesn't work with any of my native Panasonic lenses, mostly just my 50mm Nikon.

18 hours ago, Spgreen65 said:

youwill wanttotestthecinemorph filterwiththatlens, itwilllikelyonlyworkinmaybethe40mmto80mm range, dependingonhowclosethefront elementistothefiler threads, Ihavefounditdoesn'tworkwithanyofmynative Panasonic lenses, mostlyjustmy50mm Nikon.

Oh, this is really good to know. 

I will probably just have to drop this idea and just settle for the cropping to make it look 2:39.