macro lens extension with gh2?

craigbuckley

OK FIRST off I just wanted to say sorry for all the questions... I just have anxiety about buying a lens and then not liking it, especially with my budget...

And  I do read through the forum and google for options before I ask a question, I promise!

But, I was trying to buy an old cctv lens, which I still am, but I also wanted to get a macro lens or a macro lens extension tube for my gh2... I know the extension tubes are cheaper (my budget is $200)  so I was thinking of going that route but I am SO confused on what I need to make this work.

Will this work with any of my lenses

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Macro-Extension-Tube-For-Micro-4-3-GH2-G1-G2-E-P2-E-PL1-/390315181266

Do I need an adapter or certain size tubes for different lenses? I currently have 12mm, a 24mm, and a 50mm...

Thanks again!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

OK FIRST off I just wanted to say sorry for all the questions... I just have anxiety about buying a lens and then not liking it, especially with my budget...

But, I was trying to buy an old cctv lens, which I still am.

Asking questions is fine, but you could pay a bit more attention to the answers. Just buy a $25 cctv lens on eBay, especially with your budget...

For extention tubes it depends on the lenses you are using. It's about the mount though, not the mm's. Which brand is your 50mm? If it's Nikon F, you get Nikon F tubes (and screw them on your adapter), if it's Canon FD, then you get Canon FD tubes.. etc. Get some cheap ebay tubes and experiment for $10. If you like macro a lot, there are plenty of options for $200.

I do read every response very carefully, I promise you that,  just sometimes people don't hear my question and give me a totally different answer....

But I have a canon fd 50mm - so this would work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-macro-extension-tube-FD-50-MINT-/221150727256?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item337d9c4c58

Would I need anything else for a macro shot? Would you recommend getting something like this instead of extensions?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLYMPUS-OM-SYSTEM-ZUIKO-AUTO-MACRO-50mm-f-3-5-LENS-w-FILTER-BACK-CAP-/380559304789?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item589b1a2855

Thanks again and all answers were read carefully!