Batch audio normalizer

Gpanazio

I work on a small cable tv channel here in Brazil and we're struggling with audio differences between the pieces. When I was hired, I've created a manual with the specs for the editors and things were improved, but we have hundreds of files in our storage from a previous period.

Anyone here has any experience with some software to help with that? We're working with mpeg2 SD (and you complaining about 4k 8bits).

Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Check out Adobe Audition. First, you drag all your video files in, and it automatically extracts the audio. Then you drag all your audio clips into its "Match Loudness" window and hit Run. That's it, it will magically adjust the audio so the clips all match in terms of levels/loudness so they all sound roughly as "loud" when played back.

You can set the loudness to whatever you wish. For Internet (like YouTube), I usually set it at -16 LUFS. But for broadcast, usually folks set it quieter at -23 LUFS or -24 LUFS, check with your people for what is acceptable.

Check out Adobe Audition. First, you drag all your video files in, and it automatically extracts the audio. Then you drag all your audio clips into its "Match Loudness" window and hit Run. That's it, it will magically adjust the audio so the clips all match in terms of levels/loudness so they all sound roughly as "loud" when played back.

You can set the loudness to whatever you wish. For Internet (like YouTube), I usually set it at -16 LUFS. But for broadcast, usually folks set it quieter at -23 LUFS or -24 LUFS, check with your people for what is acceptable.

But then i'll have to relink the audio in video manually, one by one, no? Yes, we use -23 LUFS.

But then i'll have to relink the audio in video manually, one by one, no? Yes, we use -23 LUFS.

I don't believe it's possible to change the audio of an MPEG2 clip without re-rendering the video, regardless of how you fix the audio. If you're looking for an app that automatically extracts the audio, processes it, and re-renders the video, one app I'm familiar with is Premiere Pro that lets you select a video clip and ask to edit audio in Audition (it automatically extracts audio, adds a track, etc.). But I rarely do even that as it is pretty trivial and more productive to drag the processed audio clips back as tracks and batch render all (e.g., you can batch encode with Adobe Media Encoder when using Premiere Pro). I recently worked on a Blu-Ray project that required this kind of loudness matching with 30+ tracks, and it was pretty easy using Audition.

• 2 years later...