Tokyo test footage - attempting a Ridley Scott with the hacked GH2 and Olympus 12mm F2

Andrew Reid

Guest treyvollmer
[html]

Extremely well done, Andrew. I love when the woman walks right in front of the camera and her umbrella makes that loud noise – wonderful. Love the colors, rain, music and framing of your shots too.

I’m considering selling off my 14mm Lumix pancake and putting the money towards a 12mm Olympus. I don’t see why I would need both other than the fact that the Lumix is more compact. What are your thoughts on that?

[/html]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[html]

One thing which puzzles me, is – has no-one figured out a simple / effective / quick and leightweight tarp solution for keeping the camera and lens in the dry? Even with gustling winds, it should be possible if the design is right.

[/html]

Guest johnspirou
[html]

i have also a new hacked GH2 and trying to shoot in low light… but i always have the famous stripe in lower third of the image.
Did you had any such problem ?
What is the solution to this problem ?
I tried several patches and original firmware but all the same!

[/html]

Guest chrisgavin
[html]

Really evocative film, well done. I like the very very subtle use of camera movement on just a few of the shots. It looks like it was all shot on a tripod (mostly locked down), possibly with just a slider shot on the opening scene… I wonder if you could share any info on the tripod/slider equipment you might have hauled around the streets of Tokyo for this please?

[/html]

[html]

Well, regardless of how it may have been taken before (just unlucky timing perhaps), I dropped this same idea there on the “INTRA Demo” thread, and a half hour later a group of others already had a separate thread for my idea, and it had progressed a good page or so. Don’t give PV any hard feelings, just come on over and join in. There’s clearly a decent group of people interested in the idea.

[/html]

Guest Umbrella
[html]

So lets talk continuity…my thoughts are because of its unconventional execution and nature we are looking at a unprecedented feat..we are already against the norm…Micro four thirds, crop factor, hacks fighting to be reckoned whats not to write about if anything having not met the crew…is in my book outrageous something i’d want to be apart of…in regards to PV and the community no hard feelings here they are decent a good bunch and the president he’s a funny guy in a serious way haha, Guys….the definition of collaborating coming together shouldn’t hinder what is clearly a great idea….also i’d prefer Skype or ichat….as the main form of comms and email of course.

[/html]

Guest Umbrella
[html]

your too right i agree. The idea i put forward was a feature length doco about the GH1 and 2 an UPRISE of un-for seen almost alien technology i say alien because full frame has a nice comfy grip on what is deemed pro or acceptable despite it’s flaws, ahh we are a different mind set of people with an unconventional approach to this evolving medium, ah it’s really about the gear and people um and where thats going, the change i guess, i don’t know i can’t form an idea alone.

[/html]

Guest Umbrella
[html]

I showed an excerpt from a short doco to a seasoned producer 5D lover of course, a couple weeks back all GH1 FD ssc primes, tiffen filters, he couldn’t believe what he was seeing, because micro four thirds on PAPER doesn’t cut it. Wrong it cuts through steel. Thanks to V and the whole community. He asked about the gh2 i said well it’s double the beast.

[/html]

Guest Andrew Reid
[html]

I also once had this idea but I think filmmaking needs to be a truly collaborate effort, not a cutting together of footage and ideas. The people need to be in the same room as each other. Emails, phone calls – they don’t cut it. Likewise it is pretty hard to have an idea that supports the seamless cutting between so many locations and different styles. It would be pretty uneven stylistically.

[/html]

[html]

When you used the continuous autofocus (AFC) with the Olympus 12mm and GH2, what setting did you put it on? Face detection or 23-arera focusing? Which setting works best with AFC? I have a Panasonic Leica 25mm 1.4 and when I leave it on AFC there is a lot of focus breathing? How can I minimize this?

[/html]