GH2 Workflow

Matt

Hi,

Looking at upgrading my computer to enable editing with the intention of uploading short films to Vimeo etc.

Just wondered what computers and software other people were using and the pros and cons.

What sort of computer spec are people using.

I guess it's a toss up between Mac\PC and FCP\Adobe.

Are all the people with Adobe running CS5.5 or will older versions like CS4 do the job?

Any additional software people use ie. Magic Bullet Looks and Twixtor etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I use a Imac 27 Middle 2010 with 12 gb ram.
The software is Premiere pro CS5. For my experience works great. I don't use it for 3D or heavy special effects.
For narrative stuff with color correction is fine. I prefer the IMac design more than a PC with CUDA and all this things.
It's personal choice and I think it depends of your work .
Saludos.

I run Premiere Pro CS5.5 on Windows 7 with a Core i7 2600, 12GB of ram, and an Nvidia card for CUDA acceleration. It is great being able to edit footage natively and not have to transcode.

Didn't go the Mac route because it seemed l ike I could get a lot more bang for my buck on the Windows side of things.

Running CS5.5 - (imo stay away from older versions - big strides were made by Adobe with AVCHD in the newest builds of Premiere Pro)

If you can't afford the full version - if you are a student you qualify for a discount - you can also go for adobes monthly payment to lease the software.

Core i5 2500k, 16gb ram, nvidia GTX560, Samsung SSD 830 and a mix of other 1-2 TB HDDs.

[url=http://tiny.cc/vogvt]http://tiny.cc/vogvt[/url] (that will show you how to enable cuda cores for a boost for lots of different Nvidia cards)

If you go PC make sure you motherboard has a Z68 or X79 chipset (newest and most robust).

And if your building yourself a machine, newegg.com is the place to start.  They have videos that walk you through it. 

If you want a prebuilt machine, Cyberpower do have a decent rep.

Cheers!