Iscorama lens gears/solutions

robtilbury

Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of an issue with my Isco 36 and lens gears. I need to be able to rack focus obviously but I am having trouble finding a suitable lens gear that will sit happily on the front focus ring area of the Isco due to its slightly slanted surface.

I have tried the D|Gears which are no good for it and the Wideopencamera/halfinchrails 'ziptie gears' which I really like but still have the same issue of not sitting flat because of the slanted surface on the front section of the lens.

I guess this kind of relates to the other topic about 'real projects shot with anamorphic setups' as I need a solid sustainable solution that i don't have to worry about.

Another issue I'm having is with m42-EOS adapters, I'm using a Helios 44-2 58mm and a Tair 11a 135mm, ive tried seveal different adapters but none are super solid and when I try to rack focus i get some lens movement which is HORRRRIBLLLLEEEEE and makes me cringe at the sight of it.

Who can point me in the right direction of a good solid bloody adapter? are the fotodiox ones worth the money?

My other thought was a lens support half way along my rails, might help with the movement I was talking about above.

Anyway, enough out of me.

Thanks guys,
Rob.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I don't have anything to add, except that I'll be following this post as well. My new Iscomorphot wants nothing to do with my Edelkrone Follow Focus, even after I put a ziptie-style gear on it. The follow focus actually pushes the anamorphic lens out of alignment!

So close to production-ready, and yet so far...

[b] i rehoused my isco so not really up on best add on focus[/b]

[b] not sure if you said you tried this[/b]

[url="http://dfocussystem.com/dgear"]http://dfocussystem.com/dgear[/url]
[b] [/b]

[b] [/b]

[b] adapters fotodiox are a joke complete inconsistency batch to batch avoid[/b]

these are very expensive.
[b] [/b]

[b] rayqual [i] japan[/i][/b]

[b] novoflex germany[/b]

[url="http://www.cameraquest.com/adaptnew.htm"]http://www.cameraque...om/adaptnew.htm[/url]

if you want hand made custom this guy in south america is super slick

[b] amedeo adapter[/b]

[quote name='tony wilson' timestamp='1343964200' post='14894']
IDC Photo friction-based System Zero
very nice design : )
[/quote]

It is nice! It's very sturdy and actually gives you a very smooth pull if you line it up correctly. I owned one for years. But I foolishly sold it when I switched over to GH2 from Canon. Now I have the Edelkrone Focus One Pro. Another great design, but I have barely used it because I have only been shooting anamorphic lately (and it's not playing nice with my Iscomorphot).

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Yea, im not real keen on buying another FF. I have the Cavision RFD15BM which i really like and i don't really wanna stack ANOTHER base plate haha.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]If there was someone local who could 'cinemod' aka put a permanent flat lens gear on my isco front i would just do that, but there's not alot of knowledge in Australia about Iscorama. EDIT, may have found someone actually![/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]going to see if i can find a way to make the front section flat so then i can run any lens gear.[/font]