Kowa 16-H and Mir-1B

Caleb Genheimer

Hi, all!

Just thought I'd share some photographs that I took today with my Kowa 16-H, Mir-1B, Tokina ATX diopter, L.C.W. Fader ND MkII, Redstan clamp set and GH2.

Its just a sandcastle, I'm trying out some "professional" sandcastle building techniques, and it is actually quite fun.

I was extremely and pleasantly surprised at the image that came beaming through this lens combination. At 37mm, the Mir-1B is a perfect mate in terms of focal length for the Kowa 16-H, and as a lens, it is a Flektagon copy, so it distorts very little.

My Kowa has decently thick flares, classic blue from the light source and a lighter aqua blue secondary flare. The older Russian glass of the Mir-1B splashes the Kowa horizontal flares with some very warm, Lomo-esque ovals and big, faint blue rings sometimes seen from Panavision.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs