Sony a7s purple noise

Sebastien Ross

Are you sure that the exposure is the exact same when you change the iso or is it changing when you drop the shutter and see it more clearly. Whether it is buried in the shadows or not is maybe why you don't see it?

I wasn't keeping the exposure at the same level, just dropping the shutter to film in moonlight condition. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Light leaks can come through camera bodies sometimes as well. Canon 5D Mk III had a light leak that could be fixed by using black tape to cover a part of the camera body.

To rule out a light leak on the camera body itself, try shooting with it inside a dark bag.

But yes, this is likely sensor-related.

Hi guys,

I've been testing a lot the a7s in low light and I've ran into some purple noise issue coming from the sensor. Sony canada is pretty useless about that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpvACzU1Nj0&feature=youtu.be

I've tested it with 5 different A7s, they all do the same...In video mode, going under 1/50th with iso higher than 12 800, always give me that purple fringing (not as bad as the youtube video...witch is at the worst setting, but still, it's a bit frustrating) Technically, i know it doesn't respect the 180degree rule going under 1/50th for 24p/25p...but it could be useful is certain situation.

At first, they blame the metabones ...just like everyone (ex:

>

)

But after testing it with sony native FE lens....or with the body cap on... it's definitely not from light leak. What do you think about that?

Thank you