GH2 Dynamic Range Problem?

pietz

Im still thinking that my GH2 might be experiencing some bugs, but im just not sure. i stumbled upon this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPHIEU1X1Bo

Youve probably seen it and i know that when he pulls up Gamma to this extreme it looks like crap, but as he says in the video thats not the point. Im using Sanity 5 because the bitrate is still pretty low but is supposed to give some more detail than stock firmware.

if i rebuild this example and only pull up Gamma to "2" in Premiere my footage is absolutely useless. its not only noise at a dramatic level but also these black dots which appear when he pulls his Gamma to "3.24" it just seems as if he is getting so much more dynamic range and clearer details out of his GH2 and i just dont know why. the fact that he believes the GH2 is very "gradeble" is just the exact opposite of what i experienced.

can it be just the hack? is the Driftwood Cluster V5 so unbelievably much better than Sanity 5? or stock? i mean can the differences be this heavy?

any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hacked gh2 holds an incredable amount of detail in the files

its the best non RAW camera on the market - period!!!

Mine has Driftwood Quantum 9b updated and it kicks out 170mb/s

about 1 gig per minute for recording

Superb files huge lattitude for grading

I suggest you put a hi bit rate hack on your GH2