Burning HD Footage to DVD

djdevan

Hi Experts.

Good Morning.

I have shoot a wedding video with my HDSLR (Canon 60D). I have finish the editing using adobe premiere pro 5. I have exported the edited footage to MPEG-2 HD 1080p. Now can anybody teach me how i can burn in to a DVD? i wants the HD quality to remains (Something like DVD9). is that possible? My Burner is Dual layer Burner & my footage is just 5 Mins. Its there any special software available for that?

Sorry guys, i am newbie into this, but have very much interest to learn.

Thanks in advance.  ::)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
[quote author=djdevan link=topic=950.msg6981#msg6981 date=1341804751]
hi Sir, Thanks for you reply, but is it posible if its Duallayer DVD? which the movie will be in dvd9 quality?
[/quote]

DVD9 is double layer and says nothing about the quality. As Andrew said, the standard - which makes a DVD compatible to DVD devices - [u]only[/u] knows Mpeg2 SD, either in Pal or NTSC.

I congratulate you, that you made a wedding video of only 5 minutes duration. When I did these, he clients demanded much, much longer films.

I have no blu-ray drive, and so I only can burn HD content on a normal DVD (then called a "mini BD"). Which applications are capable of that? Final Cut is, because I used it. Probably Toast. The compatibilty to stand alone BD-players is good. The data rate is automatically limited to under 10 mbps, sufficient for most purposes.

If you have a PC, you can of course author as real blu-ray.

DVDs are not dead yet. Though the resolution of HD is 5 times higher (in theory, the 60D has does not reach FullHD, rather 720p), there is intelligent and high quality upscaling in almost all modern BD-players. More critical is the software with which you [i]down[/i]scale your HD to SD. Almost every tool, freeware as well as professional applications, can encode SD Mpeg2 from HD sources, but the differences in quality can be dramatic.

The modern way to deliver video is a download-link. Think about it.