T4i or 5DMII?

RightShoe

Hey,
I want to upgrade my T3i, and I think about the 2 cameras in the subject.
Maybe T4i and T3i is not much difference, but I had problems with my T3i. It stops recording (I tried all the possible SD cards, lot of people have the same problem), little cold and doesn't want to record, it is just pain...
I don't have money for 5DMII since I also want to get a lens. I know that there is no comparison between T4i and 5DMII, especially in low light, but if I will go with T4i I will get better lens. $800 better lens will be WAY better. So what do you guys think. Should I go for T4i and start saving money for 5DMIII or buy 5DMII and start saving money for better lens?

I consider more option with 5DMII since I already have bad ass NIKKOR AIS lenses.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
The jump to full frame depends on if you really need a shallower depth of field (but less manageable focus) better stills and a larger viewfinder for stills. That full frame look brings you a larger amount of bokeh and background blur on the same lens as would the T4i and the rendering of the lens especially towards the edges is different, with a greater curving of bokeh and a greater vignette. The full frame sensor is more demanding on lenses and you can't use T4i EFS glass with it.

Do you have a lot of Canon EF / EFS lenses? If not then the camera choice is a no brainer. Get the GH2.

There are slight differences in color rendition too. Colors look better on 5dii than T3i.

But from what I've seen here, I'd have to agree with AR, go with gh2, or wait for the GH3. I own a mkii, and it really shines for close ups, with a narrow DOF, but it  really drops off when you try and get a wide shot.  The gh2 seems like a better all purpose camera.