Century Anamorphic and NEX5N Slowmotion

richg101

I just exported out a quick edit of some skateboarders on a mini half pipe.  this was shot using 1.3x squeeze century anamorphic on the nex5n in fan cooled enclosure, shooting 50fps and interpreted to 25p. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt6dtR32Fdw&feature=youtu.be

this is about as sharp as I have achieved so far.  no focusing once recording started, the 28mm taking lens + adaptor means its very hard to focus on fast moving subjects on the fly (even when using a 5" external monitor).  being shot at f5.6-f11 meant it wasn't too bad working this way.  I'd imagine using a dual focus system would have made it very hard to get this on the fly footage.    28mm lens is the ideal match to the century IMO, but it does introduce nastiness at the edge which I can live with.  de saturating helps it a bit.  i'll try a 35mm lens next. 

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
[quote author=BurnetRhoades link=topic=868.msg6640#msg6640 date=1340921373]
Pretty sure the edge performance has to do with not using an achromat like the Tokina.  Redstan in the UK still has some NOS, not terribly expensive and I think I got mine delivered in about two weeks.
[/quote]

this was shot with the tokina achromat..