Image Detail & so on...5D3/FS700/F3

FilmMan

The F3 looks to be in a different league.
The F3 detail is excellent.  As an aside, if you download compressed F3 footage and Red footage, the Red footage seems to hold more info and grades better than the F3. 

FS700/ 5D III/ F3 ISO Battle

https://vimeo.com/44156201

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
The F3 still has a codec advantage over the FS700, which is just a FS100 with slow mo and less low light prowess.

Blackmagic will probably stuff them all for resolution. It is like an Alexa with a smaller sensor and far less low light ability.

The problem I have with the 5D Mark III's high ISO performance is not the amount of noise, it is the way the noise looks so ugly and the lack of detail.

You're right.  The fs700 also as you are aware, has the future 4k upgrade, nd, slow motion, etc., but I'm looking for image.  The fs100 is a good camera.  The F3 picture, with this test, outshines.  It shows what a 1080p picture can be like.  As you, myself, and others have said, Canon could have upped the anty with the 5D3. 
The BM will be interesting.  I'm steering towards it.  I'm curious as to how detailed the footage will be.  The voodo magic within a camera, even if it is raw, needs to perform.  I have downloaded "compressed BM" footage.  Even though it is compressed, it could give an indication to what to expect.  The image can be pushed and made to look like film.  The "compressed footage" does lose alot of detail (that's from my experimentation, and yes it is prototype compressed color graded footage).  Whereas, if you download "Red compressed footage" it still can be pushed and it still keeps tons of detail.  So I'm still waiting for final footage from  BM, which from my understanding still might be a while to come out(taking alot more time as they want to tweak it right).  I'm thinking BM will have a winner in the end.  If it does turn out like a junior Alexa (I don't need all the bells and whistles) with a comparable image then BM takes the prize and disrupts alot of video camera manufacturers.  I also am still thinking about a used Redmx as an option too.