Panasonic FZ1000 gets 24p in firmware update!

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
FZ1000 24p

The Panasonic FZ1000 (see my first impressions here) is an absolutely fantastic camera for video. I'll bring you my full review and footage later today.

However it had one very important omission at launch, the lack of 24p. The European model had 25p but the prospect of importing it and shooting PAL for US shooters didn't appeal. Panasonic has recognised this and will add 24p to the camera in a soon to be released firmware update.

The update also adds Panasonic's new 4K Photo Mode which allows shooting of 4K video in multiple aspect ratios (3:2, 4:3 and 1:1) plus a better workflow for extracting stills from bursts of 4K video. The GH4 will also get the update for 4K Photo Mode but details are scant in the press release. I'll be very interested to see if this offers continuous 4K video recording in 4:3 ratio for anamorphic lenses, something of great use to filmmakers.

Thank you for listening Panasonic!

Read the full article here

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 1 month later...

Still shooting with it.

FZ1000 is truly a fantastic camera for video, and even more with this firmware update. LX100 lacks most of essential video features like CINE styles, control of luminance, separate video mode, flip-out screen  and mic input.

The look of FZ1000 is amazing solid and well constructed very similar in controls to GH4. The lens in very good and sharp in entire zoom range.

I wait a review