GH2 Flash Banging?

Jazon

I have just got into hacking my GH2 and using the EOSHD GH2 Shooter's Guide did it very easy.
But now having hacked my camera I have come across this flash-banging effect just like in the guide.
It happened while videoing a wedding every time a camera flash goes off its there.
Whats the best way to try and stop this from happening or is this just something I can't stop.

Plz help im 2 weeks away from doing my friends wedding and dont want this happening.

Thanks Jason. :'(

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
It's caused by the sensor's rolling shutter. Just when [i]part[/i] of one frame has already been scanned, the flash happens and divides the image in a dark and a bright half. Could you do s.th. to stop it? I'm not sure. When I used to make wedding videos I had an XH A1 with a CCD. But then as well flashs were annoying.

> Forbid them  ;)

> In the registry office (if that's the right word) use a headlight (not appropriate in a church. If not forbidden, it destroys the atmosphere). The brighter your image, the less brutal is a flash.

> You could try out in advance, if there is a shutter speed at which the effect of the 1/60th second a flash lasts produces the least disturbance. There should be such a speed, but I never checked it myself.

> If the photographer is any good, he will flash at complementary moments, and not too many. Here is a solution in post I once used: Make the overexposed frame a longer freeze frame, with which you substitute the following three frames, then make a freeze frame of the first normally exposed frame, make it flash-bright and fade it to normal during the next three frames. Download the sound-effect "old flash-bulb exploding" (or so, the flash-transitions-sounds of cinema-trailers) and synch it with the six-frame flash. The flash is exaggerated, but now it looks cool.

> shrug. There were flashs, so what? Fucking bad idea to hire a photographer additionally to a videographer in a dark church. The ceremony will look like flak fire of hell, even more so if you are forced to use high iso and everything flickers in radioactive fallout. I hope this won't happen to you. But always prepare for the worst.

I didn't Know About this untill now if I Knew this I might not have got a GH2.
So is there a camera out there that can take being flashed at?

I've used lots of dv camcorders to shoot weddings but never had this crap.
But I will say this the GH2 is so good apart from this flash problem.
I'm way out of my depth shooting with GH2 and to be honest shitting myself a bit.
You only get one chance to F it up or get it right, saying that i've edited same realy shit footage my own included lol.
It pisses me off that Panasonic make this camera without doing anything about this problem.

The effect idea is kool and I will defo use it thanks for that btw but when you have an army of family and friends clicking away like crazy i'm FUBAR.

Thank You Axel for your reply it has been greatly appreciated.