"Love Room" - Argentinian music video shot on the GH2

Ernesto Mantaras

Hi! Here's a music video I've recently shot for an Argentinian synthpop band called "Distant Project" (most of their lyrics are in English).
It was shot on my new GH2 that arrived only 3 days before the shoot! I used a Minolta MD 50mm f1.7, the Panny 20mm f1.7 and the 14-42mm kit lens, all of it in 720p50 (we tried 60p but the song was too fast for the guitar -when playing the solo- and the drums to follow properly!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ44i0Woa6E

One thing to note: I used the EOSHD Unified 88Mbit hack, but although the 1080p24 was beautiful, all of the 720p footage I shot was always between 11 and 30Mbps and showed a lot of compression artifacting. I didn't have time to test it, so it was a dissapointment to see how lower the quality was in comparison to 24p. After reading a lot I've come to learn that 720p is a different kind of beast to tame, but perhaps it's wrong to say that the Unified patch is all intra, or at least all 88Mbit? I love the 24p and would definitely keep it, but I do use 720p quite often and I've found Driftwood's Sedna or even Sanity to behave a lot better. Bummer.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs