GH2 W/14-42mm Lens OR GH2 W/O Lens

macnerd

Quick question guys,

I've been filming with a Panasonic AG HMC 40 but i'm ready to step into the dslr game, been doing some homework on which one to get since i'm solely relying on the video aspect of the camera. I'm leaning towards the panasonic GH2, only thing is, what lens should I get? I pretty much film club events and parties/people dancing all the time, sometimes i'm in tight areas but i'll make room so I can get good footage, so with those factors what would you guys recommend, I think i'll need something that has OIS "I think" also i'll have a led light attached to the camera. Examples below

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMm7fB6DZoU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssMVSjY6pZ8

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
That kit lens is too slow!  I've shot some club work and I used the 12mm 1.6 SLR Magic and an old Nikon 50mm f/2.  They don't have stabilization though, but I've never really personally needed it.  At least on a wide angle camera shake is not noticeable.  I use a very heavy pistol grip to carry the camera and it is really stable. 
  If you need OIS, then Panasonic is releasing a 12-35 f/2.8 lens for a lot of money that would be perfect, or you can use their 25mm 1.4.  Most OIS is in telephoto lenses for bird shooting, and is not as effective for video work.  That's the advantage of the HMC40, it is built for video only and does it well.