Century Optics bayonet mount adapters + GH2 question

Sean Cunningham

I've tried through both google and ebay to piece a search together with the right words but haven't seen a definitive mount adapter that will let me convert a Century Optics 1.33 anamorphic lens designed for the bayonet mount on a Sony PD150/VX2000/etc. to screw threads so's I can pair it with a lens on my GH2. 

Is there a readily available adapter type for this that I just haven't found or have folks had to make friends with a machinist to get this combo (or one like it) to work in the past?

thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

pick the right lens hood (of your prefered thread (49mm is minimum).  remove the rubber leaving just the threaded part.  either epoxy this onto the lens (make sure not to glue the rotational part!).  or.. have a look how this guy did his:-  i kind of wish i had thought of this before epoxying mine:) :--

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261015233034?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1361

in effect his thread internal diameter is exactly the same diameter as the rotating rear element holder.  so it automatically centres itself.  to me that threaded part looks like a 55mm(male)-77mm(female) step up ring.  the extra diameter of the 72mm part means that when he tightens the bayonet the washers are jammed between the step up ring and the bayonet teeth.  if the step up ring(or whatever he has used) were thicker he wouldnt need the 3 washers.  but it looks like these are added to fill the gap.

Uscrew the little grubscrew on the side of the bayonet and remove the bayonet.  it will become apparent.

the way id do it would be to remove the bayonet off the large thread.  drop a step up ring over the rotating rear element. put the bayonet back nearly all the way.  then position the washers at the three points before tightening the bayonet all the way so the washers squeeze down on the step up ring.  finally fix the bayonet at this point by replacing the grubsrew

Ahhhhhh, the step-up ring in the center wasn't apparent to me at all.  I get it now.  Neat.  That's really clever.  I wonder if the same could be accomplished with an o-ring perhaps, or some other solid piece, but this is still very cool.  I might just have to pull the trigger on one of these now.  I was just worried about being able to reliably adapt without it being janky.

• 2 years later...

I recently bought a Sony camera ILCA-77M2M + SAL50F14, met a lot of places do not understand the use, I recently took a video camera you want to use NFC-enabled sharing can not find my phone, is not my wrong format? Or set up a problem, the general format conversion I have been using http://www.freemodconverter.com/, no big problem, a software problem or a problem with my setup.