Panasonic GH2 with Smallhd DP4

Raizman

I just got the SmallHD DP4 for my GH2 and I notice that when I hit record the image in the the DP4 lightens slightly or looks a little flatter and less saturated. It's not a huge difference but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience. It's as if the output signal on the GH2 changes when it starts recording. It's a big enough shift that I was underexposing to compensate for the output on the DP4. I've asked the SmallHD people about it and they haven't heard of this problem with the GH2.

This happens whether the camera is hacked or unhacked. I've tried the different GH2 output resolutions (auto, 1080i, 720p) and the same thing happens no matter what the setting. Any ideas?

Thanks.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I have the opposite happen to me.  Just like recording without the monitor, the true colors show after I hit record.  I've never had it the other way round.  I have both the DP4 and DP6 monitors.  I hope you find a solution.