DP6 + GH2 + Kowa 2x Anamorphic

Oedipax

Quick question guys - I'm testing out my friend's new DP6 monitor and we're trying to set up a custom scale for my 2X Kowa 16H. I thought it would be as simple as taking the V Height parameter under Custom Scale and halving/doubling it, but I'm getting lots of corruption and a double image when I do that.

I saw Andrew's post on the site about doing it with the LA7200 but I need 3.56:1, not 2.35:1.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I'm having the same issue (but with the DP4). The 2.35:1 scale preset just doesn't cut it, and messing with V/H "customscale" didn't help either.

EDIT: I opened a support ticket with SmallHD suggesting they include the 3.56:1 (3.55:1?) scale option in a future firmware update. We'll see what they respond.

Thanks for the reply fetzu, it's nice to know someone else is out there running into the same issue!

I ended up just using the 2.35:1 squeeze as a starting point and then pushing the V-size parameter as far as it would go without totally corrupting the image. There was some junk underneath the frame but the image itself was fine. It wasn't quite 3.56:1 but it was a lot better than trying to compose in 1.78 anyway.

My second issue however was that the HDMI port on the GH2 seems awfully sensitive. It was a long cable so next we'll try using a short run that should be less prone to getting bumped, etc. But man, it's true what they say about HDMI not really being a robust monitoring connection. Maybe I should look into getting a right-angle adapter.