Strange behavior

tiagomorena

Hi Guys,

I installed the EOSHD Unified some week ago and shot two or three jobs, no problem, everything worked fine. I was using a SDHC Sandisk  Extreme Clas 10 30mb/s. In the field, I tried to playback and the card gave me a write error. I worked it out in the camera, deleted a few clips, everything starts working again. So when I imported the footage (I'm using a macbook to edit with 8gb and premiere pro CS5) just by coping it to my HD, and tried to playback in VLC. Some clips played fine (the short clips) and some just won't play to the end. They go to some point and stop the image - the audio continues.

So I updated the VLC and still the same problem. I imported in premiere and it plays fine on the clip preview window, but when I put the clip in the timeline, it played strobed. I rendered the clip then to Vimeo HD quality and it played just fine.

This problem is going on ever since. I tried to switch hacks to EOS Vanilla and the same keeps happening. I just ordered from B&H a new card, but it's on the mail. I own other two class 6 cards and the give me the same problem.

On top of it all, my macbook is having some trouble to recognize the cards from lumix - only it I open disk utility the card appears on the finder window.

Did anyone have similar problems like these? I'm having major trust issues with my GH2 and thinking the hacks my have damaged the body. What do you guys think?

Regards,
Tiago

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
i've had writing error trouble with the vanilla patch and a sandisk SDXC extreme class 10 45MB/s 64GB card as well. i'm now testing other patches from personal-view. too soon to make real conclusions.

it's unlikely that your body got damaged by the hack. did you reformat the card (total wipe by computer, then format in camera)? do you reformat the card after installing new firmware? did you reset the camera settings (can clear up weirdness sometimes)? any trouble when you put back the official 1.1 firmware? 

[quote author=dtr link=topic=510.msg3347#msg3347 date=1333357608]did you reset the camera settings (can clear up weirdness sometimes)?[/quote]

Is that the setup menu, the point between [i]number reset[/i] and [i]format[/i]? Doesn't look like a veritable system reset. The descrption says something about deleting babys name and birtday  :-X