GH2--improve the pack

BIoodBrother

I wrote a mail to Andrew. I got an answer-- and then I wrote him that but he asked me to post it in the forum so that's what I do.... at the end there's what he said first:

Hi, there have been a few mistakes in my mail since i forgot that the crop factor is higher, so anything above 15mm is hardly to be called wide. Still the other two questions remain. Memory capability with the hack and slo-mo looks.. Samyang or canon or panasonic/olymus? I didn't see any light intense FD canon manual focus lenses under 50mm yet.. Sorry again. Ps. How do i purchase the book? Cheers, julian
>
>
>    hi, cheers for the quick answer. So let's say, I'm going for the gh2, I'll then most certainly buy your book and look into the lense section but I really want to have a good package from the start. So there's one/two more question(s), i would really aprecciate to have answered before i actually buy the stuff. I will of course use the hack and now i am wondering how my old mac book pro will handle that. Even more importantly - what kind of memory cards will i need to take more than five minutes of footage and how much are those? - Secondly, i don't really need a super wide lense. Light intensity is probably more important. 24mm 1.4 (1.8will work) f.e. Might be too expensive? Do panasonic produce good lenses or should i use other lenses in any case, like the samyang (best quality for a low price, i hear) 24mm, 1.4. What kind of an adapter is there for a samyang? And how do the slo-mo shots look - compared to the nex 5n 50p on full hd? I'm sorry to bother you so much but i will buy the book as a reward.  ..so samyang or canon it is? Two adapters? Are there different ones and is that expensive? Thank you so much! Yours, julian

Andrew said:

Hello

I think the GH2 is the best choice for image quality. But the dramatic wide angle of 12mm can be quite expensive to achieve. The SLR Magic Noktor is the cheapest 12mm but hard to get hold of. The NEX 5N has a 16mm F2.8 pancake lens that is pretty wide.

If you have a 16mm Nikon lens then get the NEX 5N. If you can find a good wide lens which is wider than 14mm get the GH2.

That is, if wide angle is not such a priority… Then get the GH2 since the image is sharper.

I recommend the Canon FD manual focus lenses on eBay. Very good value for money. You can get 4 or 5 for under 500 euros and the cheapest is just 50 euros.

I recommend buying my book if you haven't already. The lens section is huge!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs