equipment on a 1200euro budget

BIoodBrother

Hi,

I have a simple question and I would really appreciate if you guys took a minute to answer it.

I am on a very limited budget (let's say 1200Ero all in all - 1000Euro even better) and I require a new and complete equipment to make films, but also unexpected documentary sho(r)ts. You see - It's really all about the video function.
I want a wide angled and light intense lense and probably a simple rhode sound recording system. I need something as a rig (although i understand it's possible to build smth out of I tripod, that btw is the only thing I already have) and probably an adapter, since I have the possibility to use a lot of nikon lenses and I understand that there's no nikon on the market, that has a proper video mode.
I was thinking gh2 or nex 5n, but that was some time ago and even then I had no clue which lenses I should purchase.

Please just give me your opinions on what is the most and best, that I can get for that kind of budget. I'm no pro on functions and so it should be simple too. I work with final cut pro and like to keep the contrast low, so I can fix the colours later.
What I need is a cheap fine lense (not necessary an autofocus function), and a system..so to say.
yours sincerly, julian

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, so I'm going for the gh2 and of course I will buy Andrews book as soon, as I have the camera.

Questions: How many memory cards will I need? Will my macbookpro be able to deal with the hacked 100mbit + videos?

Is the samyang 24mm 1.4 ED AS UMC the right choice and is there anything better than the relatively cheap rhode sound recording mics?

what is good and cheap, that is also an absolute must?!!

And most importantly - A friend told me, that if I am to hack the GH2 (which I certainly want to) it is very important to buy it with the right firmware - So: What is the right firmware?

Please people.
Take a minute!

Cheers a lot---